DATES OF PROJECT: Six months, with a preferred start date in January.
HOURS PER WEEK: Flexible, and ideally at least 30 hours a week.
REPORTING: The intern shall report to Manager of Strategy, Learning and Impact.
LOCATION: Humanity United’s San Francisco, CA office. May consider candidates who are able to work in Humanity United’s Washington DC office.
ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of The Omidyar Group, which represents the philanthropic, personal and professional interests of the Omidyar family.
Humanity United is seeking to hire an organized, creative, and professional paid intern to support the Strategy, Learning and Impact team achieve its objectives for 2018. This role will include drafting toolkit materials, communicating with external contractors, managing internal processes, and conducting research. Preference for position to be based in San Francisco, CA.
Priority tasks within this role are likely to include:
Supporting the launch of a new monitoring, evaluation, and learning approach at HU:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- All applicants must be either pursuing, or have recently obtained, an advanced degree in evaluation studies, or have emphasized evaluation and research in an advanced degree, preferably international affairs, human rights, other relevant field.
- The most competitive candidates will have a demonstrated history of interest/experience in international relations or affairs, international development, human rights, public policy, law or another relevant field. Bonus if have exposure to emergent MEL techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, including comfort with quantitative analysis and decision-making
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organization skills
- Learning mindset
- Team player
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.