ABOUT HUMANITY UNITED:
Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of The Omidyar Group, a diverse collection of organizations, each guided by its own approach, but united by a common desire to catalyze social impact.
Humanity United is seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Investments based at Humanity United’s office in Washington, DC. The Senior Manager reports to the Director of Investments leading HU’s human trafficking and labor migration work.
The Senior Manager will work as part of the Human Trafficking and Labor Migration team, leading a bold strategic initiative focused on protecting migrant workers in the Nepal to Qatar corridor and providing guidance and input across the Human Trafficking and Labor Migration programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Senior Manager will be responsible for day to day leadership of HU’s Nepal-Qatar strategic initiative, including:
- Ensuring high quality programs and initiatives are built, identified and funded to achieve HU’s intended impact.
- Managing program strategy and learning to achieve HU’s intended impact using a complex systems practice, including the development and use of systems maps, theories of change, and other internal strategy processes.
- Managing an Investment Manager who oversees key aspects of the strategy.
- Managing partner relationships, identifying new partners and overseeing implementation and reporting of grants and initiatives. This includes frequent collaboration with HU’s partners who include UN agencies, senior government officials, multinational corporate representatives, major international institutions, grassroots groups and workers groups.
- Providing leadership and support to the Human Trafficking and Labor Migration team in partnership with the Director.
- Co-leading, with the team’s Learning and Impact Manager, research, program evaluations, and the collection of impact metrics.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidates will have:
- At least ten (10) years of experience, with at least eight (8) years of increasingly complex responsibilities in international program implementation, strategy development and personnel management.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: worker rights in the GCC and/or Middle East, business and human rights (including with FIFA and/or major multinational construction and engineering companies), and GCC government advocacy. Arabic language skills preferred.
- Strategic thinker comfortable with program monitoring and evaluation. Demonstrated analytical and research experience (writing sample may be required from finalists). Ability to sift through large volumes of information quickly and to summarize effectively.
- Experience with complex systems analysis a plus.
- Creative problem solver with capability to innovate and employ non-traditional approaches.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with proven ability to track detail on various projects.
- Demonstrated management and communication skills to work with staff and partners with diverse backgrounds; understanding and appreciation for cultural differences.
- Graduate degree in public health, social work, public policy and management, or related field with a passion for capacity building and program implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated abilities in public speaking and conveying complex subjects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite in Mac based platform.
- Experience taking initiative and working under pressure, while displaying a high level of integrity, adaptability, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Embodies high level of ethics and core values.
- Professional and responsive demeanor: warm, efficient, knowledgeable, and tactful with a good sense of humor.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15% per year) as needed.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.